Sign in to follow this  
MacFileman

Find and Replace All

Hey...

I know the answer to this is super easy, feeling brain dead, but I think I have done this before ages ago and just forgot how.

How do I find and replace a text value in a record in all found sets? Obviously, I am look to do this in all records instantly, not one at a time. : )

Thanks,

Mike

There are several possible answers. Could you give an example of what you're trying to do( and why)?

Specifically need to change the salesman in a particular field. It has always been a pull down menu, but some co-workers decided to manually enter the name through the years. This has been fixed and it can no longer be manually edited in a form, pull down option only for consistency.

So... a salesmen named "William" is also named "Bill" throughout 100's of records. I want to make them all "William."

Why is this important? Easier to find all "William's" customers for reporting than have to search in both names. Scripting purposes and so fourth.

Thanks in advance.

Yup! Find and Replace.... pretty simple. Felt dumb for asking, but like I said...I was brain dead and forgot that was available.

Well, assuming this only needs to be done once, I would find the records where the name is "Bill", type "William" in one record and do Records > Replace Field Contents… > Replace with: "William".

Keep in mind that there's no undo after either method.

• Like 1