Filtering / Grouping

Gismo12

This topic is 1870 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I ran into a bit of a problem, if you could please count me in the right direction.

The question is actually 2 fold.

In my table table I have a category and part number etc etc etc

There is 5 categories

On my layout I have 5 portals which i want to point to the different categories, so each portal should only reflect one category

on each portal there is a dropdown to select the part number but again, if I am in portal for category 1, I only want to see part numbers for category 1

I am not sure how to limit each portal to only one specific category nor how to limit each dropdown to only one category.

I tried using include only related values starting from, but all the data is reflected in the same table do I have no reference to that category in a different table

Any suggestions please?

Hi,

Yes I looked at conditional and dwindling value lists but it does not seem to be a solution for my problem.

I am looking at the same table data and needs to filter within the same table but this is for 5 portals withing one layout

I have 5 categories, which I want to group per portal, each portal must only display one category and the dropdown  per portal must only list the records equal to the same category

Is it always 5 categories?  I misunderstood your original question.  I thought you need to go 5 layer deep like for a car:

Make>Model>Style>Color>Options.

But if I do understand, you just want to display 5 different portals on the same layout.

Maybe this file will help.  Not fully finished but go to Manage Database and look at the relationships, and go into layout mode and note the portal filters.

Jeopardy.fmp12

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you for the reply Steve but I can not get to the code behind the layout but that seems to be exactly what I need to do. Except, I dont want to layer, each portal runs independent from the other 4 portals. In portal 1, i only want to be able to select records relating to my category 05 and only want to display records from category 05, in portal 2 I only want to be able select records from category 06 and display the records from category 06 etc etc

Edited by Gismo12

I don't understand what you mean by you 'can not get to the code behind the layout'. 

You cannot get into Layout Mode, or Manage Database?

Edit.  Ahhh.  Hit Ctrl +1 which will fire a script to show menu bar and toolbar.

Here's a version with the opening script changed.

Jeopardy.fmp12

Edited by Steve Martino
  • Like 1

This topic is 1870 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.