"Show Custom Dialogue" not stopping script

This topic is 1869 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi...

I am probably missing one silly little simple thing, or maybe there is a better way to get from point A to point B.

Very simple script to clear a field. I added "Show Custom Dialogue" step in the script in hopes to stop the script dead in its tracks if I you hit the "cancel" button, but the script still continues even though the check mark to commit is not checked. 

Thoughts appreciated. I attached a simple database to show you what I mean because, after all, we all love to download filemaker uploads that have problems and fix them.

Thanks in advance, you all rock!

Mike

Dialogue.fmp12

Edited by MacFileman
Typo

That's because you're not checking the result of the dialog. The dialog itself doesn't exit a script, it only tells the script (if you ask for it) what button was pressed. The buttonlabels on a custom dialog may say 'Cancel' and 'OK' initially, but you can easily change them around so they say 'OK' and 'Cancel'. Or something completely different.

To check what button was pressed you need to use Get( LastMessageChoice ). See attached file.

Dialogue.fmp12

• Like 1

WOW! THANK YOU!!!

I knew something like that was probably the answer. Unfortunately I do not script FM everyday to remember all this stuff. 

I am most appreciative and your solution makes perfect sense!

THANKS AGAIN!!!

This topic is 1869 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.