Sequentially assign with loop script

This topic is 1863 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I have a main table and a secondary table called users. They share a field called Producer number.

Within the main table, which contains thousands of customer files, each customer has an assigned producer number. Within the users table, all of our producers (9) have individual records and are numbered 1-9.

I'm looking to create a script for our new business website leads that when a new quote request email comes in, filemaker can sequentially assign web quotes based on the day. So, for example, the first quote request would go to producer 1, the script would then check how many quote requests each producer has received for the day and distribute evenly, making sure each producer gets an even number of quote requests each day.

The reason for the script to search and make sure the numbers assigned are equal, is because we can have up to 3 users entering web quotes at the same time. So as the quotes are entered, the total assigned needs to be searched and updated/checked and compared in real time.

I'm thinking some kind of loop script is the best way to accomplish this, any tips or ideas as to the best way to get this done?

I guess I can create a loop that goes to each user in the user layout, checks how many have been assigned to that user, then sorts by least assigned for the day and sets that producer number as who the quote request goes to.

Thank you!

This topic is 1863 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.