This topic is 1862 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So I am using the SCCopy to transfer images from one record to the other and that part works just as I wanted it to.

However, I am finding a few issues and I'm wondering if someone can explain it to me or tell me if I am doing something wrong.

1. Say I accidentally scanned the wrong image to the main parent (where the image was copied from), and I overwrite it, it overwrites the file it was copied to as well. Should it do that? I was thinking the SCCopy made the image a completely independent image. It appears in it's own record folder on the server.

2. We have this option to download images from Filemaker to our desktop. I have a checkbox in place to retrieve the image. However, when I select the checkbox for download, it is saying that there is no file attached. However, if I go flag the parent record, it works as it should. If there is a photo in that filemaker's record folder where super container images are being stored, and there is an image in the main parent record as well, shouldn't they both be independent images?

Thanks in advance.

1. Say I accidentally scanned the wrong image to the main parent (where the image was copied from), and I overwrite it, it overwrites the file it was copied to as well. Should it do that? I was thinking the SCCopy made the image a completely independent image. It appears in it's own record folder on the server.

SCCopy does make an entirely new copy of the file at the specified location. I ran a test by uploading a file to <superContainerURL>/Files/test and uploaded a file at <superContainerURL>/Files/test2 . I then used SCCopy and copied the file at "test" to the "test2" location. I then dragged and dropped a completely different file onto the "test" location, went back and refreshed the "test2" location and the file at "test2" did not change and was the same file as it was after using SCCopy. I suspect you may have some kind of logic that runs when you "overwrite" the file that is also overwriting the other locations. 

2. We have this option to download images from Filemaker to our desktop. I have a checkbox in place to retrieve the image. However, when I select the checkbox for download, it is saying that there is no file attached. However, if I go flag the parent record, it works as it should. If there is a photo in that filemaker's record folder where super container images are being stored, and there is an image in the main parent record as well, shouldn't they both be independent images?

SuperContainer is "dumb".  It doesn't know anything about the relationships in your FileMaker file so to SuperContainer these images are independent. Assuming you are using the function SCDownload to download files, the function will download the file from the path this it is provided. If you are getting a "file not found" error then I suspect that there is a flaw in the process that provides the function with the file path to download. Either a null value is being provided or the path being provided is malformed. I recommend debugging whatever logic runs when you check the checkbox and making sure that what is being provided to the function is valid.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

• Like 1

This topic is 1862 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.