Button Bar Bug in v16

This topic is 1854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a couple of layouts (dialogs) that are invoked through a script with any number of button bars on them. One button would cancel  the script/layout dialog, another would OK it and then there's buttons that change settings. In order for this to work I pause the script indefinitely, in a loop and check which button gets pressed. I then take action accordingly (ie, if the cancel button is pressed I exit the loop).

To do this each button on the button bar needs to have the option "Resume Current Script" enabled. So I've checked this was so by opening the Button Bar Setup dialog and walking through the various buttons to check the setting is enabled. It didn't work for all buttons though.

It wasn't until I found out that if you open the settings dialog on the first button, and then click on the next button, the option dropdown list doesn't change to reflect its true setting. The option below it "Change cursor to hand over button" does change to reflect its true setting.

If you click out of the button bar, then double click on the second button, you get the true setting for the dropdown option. Which turned out to be the default.

Been bashing my head against this for days now trying to work out why I wasn't getting the result I expected.

This is on Windows 7 x64 with FMPA v16. It works as expected on FMv17.

For those that are still working with v16 (like me) be aware of this. Unfortunately upgrading to FMv17 isn't as straight forward for us.

Thanks for posting that.  

I thought I was going crazy with something similar where I thought for sure I selected the right parameters going thru a button bar and then go back and find I didn’t (more like they didn't take as you described). 

This topic is 1854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.