Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Simple Sync

This topic is 1854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a sole home user, not a business, keeping my personal records in a Filemaker Pro 16 database on my desktop (windows 10) and Filemaker Go on my iPad. No other person is involved.  

My 9 databases consist of sundry different records in the 100s to 1,000s rather than 10,000 (with the exception of my diabetes records 80,000 +) or more, although they will increase over time, and cover such things as Accounts, Health Records, Software, Telephone Calls, Internet of Things, Gas and Electricity usage, and Diabetes Measurement records.  All of a personal home nature.  

I want to keep the various databases in sync, and at present use dropbox to store the databases, and have to re-load each database to the iPad or Save As each database from the iPad to keep the records in sync.  

Will Mirror Sync solve and avoid that problem, and what would be the most cost effective licence to acquire?  Can I sync my Filemaker 16 desktop with Filemaker Go without having a FileMaker Servier?

Edited by wdrspens
Additional Question

MirrorSync can solve your problems, except that FileMaker Server is a requirement - we don't sync FileMaker Go with FileMaker Pro / Advanced.

The pricing for MirrorSync is free for one device and one database / solution. Since you have 9 different databases, you'd need 8 additional database / solutions with the license. These are priced at $200/each, or $1000 for unlimited (which would be a better deal for you).

You might consider an inexpensive FileMaker hosting company that also provides MirrorSync hosting, such as fmphost.com.

Thank you for that help.  I will investigate an inexpensive FileMaker hosting company, but it seems I will have to continue to "Save As" and Delete and Reload the databases

However thank you for that information.

Regards

David 

I attempted to reply to you using my iPad, but although the reply was, apparently saved, I notice it has not been posted.

I have 9 different files ending .fmp12.  The biggest has 21 tables covering 10 matters, the next has 7 tables covering 6 matters, and then they reduce in complexity until the smallest has 3 tables covering one matter.

I purchased the program Filemaker Sync Pro 16, and no licences.  I believe that the purchase, which was very expensive, allows me to design as many databases as I want and I do not pay a licence per table or per database, but, of course, I can only use it on  a single computer running Windows 10.  So far as the iPad is concerned I have one iPad with FileMaker Go.

I have not attempted to purchase or acquire a connection to Filemaker Server and therefore cannot sync to the server version.

I hope that answers your questions rather more fully than my original attempt to answer from my iPad.

David  

This topic is 1854 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.