High Sierra client - webviewer display problem

This topic is 1170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We're trying to track down a problem and wondering if anyone has seen anything like this:

Setup:  FMServer is Win2012, web server (multiple machine deployment) is MacOS (Supercontainer running here).  Our High Sierra clients are able to interact with SC content if it's scripted but the actual webviewer does not display anything (we sometimes use it to preview PDF or images).  Win10 clients are OK.  Older MacOS clients are OK.  Seems to be limited to High Sierra (and maybe Mojave but we don't have many of those).  We've tried updating Java, switching to HTTPS - no luck.

The only substantial change recently was that we did get valid certs for both servers and do have SSL connectivity now.  Just not sure why only High Sierra clients are having trouble displaying the webviewer.  It just sits on "Loading" and eventually times out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Are these FileMaker Pro clients or web direct? I have seen issues in web direct when web direct is accessed over HTTPS but the web viewer is using HTTP. Is your SuperContainer externally accessible? If so, can you PM me the URL?

FM clients.  We have other solutions that are accessed via Webdirect - those are all OK.  We're really only seeing this problem on High Sierra FM client users.  And again, the scripted interactions all work - it just can't load the webviewer.

It's not accessible - but let me see - I may be able to screen share with you if you think that would help.

After troubleshooting with Ryan offline - this was just a cache issue in Safari.  Interestingly, Chrome had no problem with the URL.  Firefox got stuck on TLS Handshake problems (much like Safari).  But after clearing the Cache (via Developers menu in Safari) and removing all Website content (via Preferences) - it's back up and running as expected.

• 1 year later...

I know this is really old (almost two years now) - but we've discovered this is still an issue with Mac clients.  What I've narrowed it down to is HSTS profiles being created by Safari.  If a user visits the web direct page for our (Mac-based) web server (of the same multi-machine configuration above) that site uses HTTPS by default.  When you've visited that site, Safari generates an HSTS profile that will then automatically redirect ANY HTTP call from that client to HTTPS - therefore all of our SC web viewers fail to display content.  Users can still interact with SC via scripted calls, but the actual display of content fails in the web viewers because of the redirect.  I can go in and kill the HSTS info in the cookies for Safari and things will work, right up until I visit the webd page again - new HSTS profile, back to SC not loading.

Interestingly, Windows browsers don't seem to care as much - do not create any auto-redirect policies, so they can visit the webd page and SC webviewers at will.

Has anyone encountered something similar?  Any work arounds to this?  Can SC web viewers use HTTPS?  Kinda baffled by this one and stuck at the moment.

This topic is 1170 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.