Charting variance report

Jarvis

This topic is 1850 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to create a database for my cabinet shop that contains three fields:  I want to use this to better understand and explain how we are performing at certain labor activities.  In the movie in my head it kind of looks like attached jpeg.

The fields are:

ITEM

ESTIMATED TIME

ACTUAL TIME

Is this possible to produce a chart like this in Filemaker?

chart.jpg

Hi Comment,

This table would have maybe 12 to 20 records.   It could be thinned down if necessary.

We build:

DOORS   -  DRAWER BOXES - FACEFRAMES - ROLLOUTS  etc.  All the things you would see in a set of kitchen cabinets.

I am not sure if "variance" was the right word.  What I am trying to compare is estimated labor with actual labor.  Other useful comparisons might be how a individual's work performance compares with the company average, or maybe compare how long things take for them to produce today vs how long they took when they first were learning.

I have a really great group of millennial kids working with me right now.  They are really engaged with what they do and they like to see success.  There is a lot of gratification in scoring performance.  Numbers are precise but bar charts are comprehensible.

19 minutes ago, Jarvis said:

This table would have maybe 12 to 20 records.   It could be thinned down if necessary.

I don't think it's necessary to "thin it down"; I just wanted to understand if this table holds one record per type of product, or a record for each product, where there can be many products of each type.

19 minutes ago, Jarvis said:

I am not sure if "variance" was the right word.  What I am trying to compare is estimated labor with actual labor.

So how about comparing the averages? See the attached demo.

ChartEstimateVsActual.fmp12

Edited by comment
  • Like 1

This topic is 1850 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.