Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiplying Summary Fields X Summary Fields

This topic is 1835 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am not sure if this question belongs in the Calculation Engine forum or the Relationship forum.  This extends a question I posted earlier this week.  It involves multiplying summary fields X summary fields.scope of work.fmp12scope of work.fmp12

I am developing a database for producing bid-cost estimates for my cabinet shop.  I have a table that produces a graphical synopsis of the cabinets that we need to bid on.  This SYNOPSIS table tracks how many doors, drawer boxes, faceframes etc are contained in each cabinet and keeps a running total of how many items are required for all the cabinets.  

A second table tracks labor costs for building various components.  There will eventually be several tables like this for the various components we need to build.

The LABOR DOOR table tracks batch size and total minutes.  We use this to calculate minutes per item.  One of the goals for these labor tables will be to determine what is the optimum batch size for any particular component.

I would like to be able to link the data from the labor tables to the synopsis tables.  I have been unable, however, to accurately calculate how much time all the doors we have sold will take.  This should be a simple multiplication of Door Quantity X Average Door Minutes.    The yellow field in SYNOPSIS table should read 12 Doors X 22 minutes per door = 264 minutes instead of 45.

I am not sure if this is owing to a bad relationship or that I cannot somehow use Summary Fields in such an equation.

Your synopsis layout is based on Cabinet Library.  Shouldn't you be using the 'Total Minutes for Door' field from Cabinet Library?

• Like 1

This topic is 1835 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.