Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Drop down filter

This topic is 1828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good day gurus,

need some advice or samples is at all possible. I have a layout with a portal, i also have two global fields (g_job_status_navigator and g_status_navigator), both are drop down with the value list test to the field content.

I need some guide on a script that would allow me to make a selection from the either or both of the global fields and display the result in the portal.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks.  

Hi all, 

I was able to make it work by using set field for the global field, refreshing the portal, then using the filter in the portal based on the global field. works as expected. 

Now i am trying to figure out how to clear the filter and show all records in the portal.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks. 

I find it difficult to follow your description. If you're using a global field to filter a portal, and the field is formatted as a drop-down menu, then why is it necessary to use Set Field for anything? Isn't the field already populated by user selecting a value from the drop-down menu?

In general, a filtering expression using a global field to restrict the records shown in the portal only when the global field has a value would look like this:

PortalTO::Valuefield = AnyTable::gValuefield or IsEmpty ( AnyTable::gValuefield )

Thanks for your reply, 

Layout

image.png.63d429778245f3928ac4ff05300d2db6.png

When a users type a ticket no, serial no., or customer name, it filters the portal as you type. then they can narrow the search y selecting a status.  

Once the "X" next to "search for ticket" is pressed all the record show in the portal.

Where i am having an issue is with the "job status navigator", I need to be able to press the "x" and clear the "job status navigator" filter or "ALL" filters in the portal.

this is the script for "job status navigator"

image.png.620f73ff75dcb1905a26c2384ad56762.png

This is my portal filter

image.png.e0e5450e41ab8949986d7d8e0e7d9b70.png

Edited by JMart

I am afraid this is not getting any clearer. What is the relationship on which the portal is based? And what is your current filtering expression (your screenshot does not show)? 

Note that your Set Field step does not actually do anything.

Sorry pasted the wrong snap. this is the portal filter, and it works as expected, the only issue i am having is to have a button that would clear the filter. Thanks

image.png.9669e80e3a2d7ce16d992b7a0dff9f39.png

Edited by JMart

22 minutes ago, JMart said:

the only issue i am having is to have a button that would clear the filter.

Perhaps I (still) misunderstand your question. You cannot have "a button that would clear the filter". You can only clear the global fields being used in the filtering expression. The filtering expression needs be written in such way that when these fields are empty, no records are excluded (as shown in my example above).

This topic is 1828 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.