Sign in to follow this  
john9210

fmp17 Can't setup envelope layout for printing

Can anyone describe how to set up a layout for center fed #10 envelopes?ūüė† FM help says that after creating the layout you must verify margins and other settings before printing. How do you do that? I've tried everything I can think of, but the script¬† print step prints 2 or 3 envelopes when the print dialog is set to 1 copy. I've tried adjusting the header and body dimensions (by guessing),¬† I've tried deleting the header and keeping the body, I've even tried just keeping the header. Everything looks normal in Preview.

Can you show a screenshot of your layout, in layout mode, showing margins/pagebreaks?

Usually the problem is if a part that prints is outside the margin or page break, it will print another (page).

For checking, without wasting paper/envelopes, isolate the record (found count of 1), then select preview mode.  See how many pages it says there are for that preview (in the toolbar or CTRL + Down Arrow).  It's correct when there is only one.

Make sure there are no hidden objects or incorrect sliding objects on (or even off) of the layout.

Here's a pic of mine.  

envelopePic.png

Attached is a picture of the layout. Print margins are fixed: 12 pt (tob, btm; left and right). Print preview shows 2 pages. There are no other objects on the layout. Print Setup is set to landscape.

Envelope layout.PNG

I would just make the layout smaller.  Your margins may be bigger than the default or set margins from the print driver

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Koonce
      I have filemaker server on virtual server, I have a script that exports emails and or names i cannot get the file to be saved to the local desktop it tries to save to server with an error when i do manually it works fine so i am doing something wrong...
      Thanks in advance
    • By ThomaStudios
      I have been using FM17Adv for some time.  I am on a MacPro 12-core tower and I had been running macOS Sierra.  All the internal scripts I had in one database worked perfectly.
      I recently updated to High Sierra and now I am getting script errors I don't understand.  And this is from the same exact file I used previously.  I have one script where I want it to open a folder in Dropbox so I can access files there.  But I am getting this error:  Can’t make "Dropbox" into type integer.  Then I get a -1700 error dialog immediately after that.  Can anyone explain how I can fix this.  I have not been able to find anything online.
      The script is a native AppleScript, and I suspect that has something to do with this.  Here is the script:
      tell application "Finder"     activate     open folder " Pieces 2011" of folder "Teaching Material" of folder "Dropbox" of "  ThomaStudios 4TB"     select Finder window 1 set position of Finder window 1 to {2877, 167} end tell
      Thanks.
      J D Thomas ThomaStudios

• By Caio Euz√©bio
      Hi Guys,
      There are any logic or resource that i can use to make like a "text to columns".
      Make text from field one flow to another fields but only with in the middle of coma regarding your sequence, like a excel?
      Full text with Comas Text1 Separated Text2 Separated Text3 Separated How,Are,You? How Are  You? Could please help me, i need a lot of this resource.

• By jim.weeda
      For about 12 years, we've had a FileMaker database import external data from a .mdb  (Access) database that has data that is downloaded from some equipment.  The process has survived several computer upgrades (Windows XP and Windows 7) and FileMaker version upgrades (created in 7 and currently running in 16).  It broke when we moved into the Windows 10 environment.  The script is set up to retrieve the data from the .mdb file and it says it can't access the file.  So when I dive into the script and try to specify the ODBC connection it now asks for a username and password.  We've never had a user name or password tied to either the .mdb file, the ODBC connection, or the FileMaker file.  But no matter what we try, we can't get past this step.  Is this a bug?  What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance.
    • By carlsson
      I don't really know what I'm missing here.
      I have two windows next to each other. I want to activate a Script Trigger on Record Load (I have tried On Layout Enter as well) , and it does that fine as long as I'm only having one window open. But not when I'm switching between the windows. Ie, I want the script to run when I enter the Window.
      Isn't this supposed to work?
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    cathushka 
√ó
√ó

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.