Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Lost Commication with host

RickK

This topic is 7133 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello All,

I need some help in figuring this one out. I am running the FM server on W2K Server. I have 45 users accessing an average of 60 files and at any one given time (Mac and PC users..all OS's)

The problem is this: I have one user (W9x) who is loses communication with the host daily at about 1-1:30 PM. This is the only user that has this problem. I do not think its machine or an OS related (upgraded both system, network card, OS and even changed her network line).

There is one thing that could be related, I run a 12 noon backup, which doesn't take too long to run, but that's all that going on with the server at near that time (other than other users accessing files).

Any thoughts??

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Newbies

we are also having trouble...we have an all mac network, and only the osX machines are loosing connection to the FM server. It's not necessarily that they are going to sleep, the program can just be sitting in the background while they are working in Word or something else and the server connection is dropping. This is also happening with our accounting software, maconomy, which is hosted on the only win2000 machine in the house. It seems that osX machines have a problem maintaining inactive server connections.

Jeanne

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

This is spooky. We have the EXACT same problem. We are using FMP server 5.5 running on an OS 9 machine and have 10 machines, all on OS 9 logged in and they never, never, ever, like in years, lost communication. We have one OSX machine that loses communication after approx. 5-6 minutes of inactivity, even if it is running OS9 under classic. I am going to try to change the server to OS X and run the FMP Server 5.5 under OS X and see if that makes any difference. Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

We are running FileMaker Server 5 on a G4 400MHz Tower using 9.1 Connected to the server through a simple 100 base T ethernet hub are additional Macintosh machines running everything from 9.1 to 10.3. If you are connected to the Server, the connection will drop if you are inactive for several minutes. We have checked the preferences, the auto-logouts and the energy savers. We also swapped out the server to see if some hardware was causting problems...no luck! We still have the problem. I've called Filemaker MULTIPLE times and I get no solution. Anyone have any ideas?

• 1 month later...

This topic is 7133 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.