With Scribe, cannot get images to append from file

This topic is 1807 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When using ScribeDocAppend with a file that contains images-- all images (in saved word doc.) do not display and a red x appears with message- "Picture Can't be Displayed")

The pictures  are signatures in .png format

Any ideas?

or another solution-- trying to append the signatures dynamically at the end of the working document depending on the person creating the document.

hoping to be able to merge for a document (vs. just append an image) since it also contains the text-"Signed by" and dynamic date

thank you!

Edited by Jonathan Ackerman

Hey Jonathan,

2 hours ago, Jonathan Ackerman said:

When using ScribeDocAppend with a file that contains images-- all images (in saved word doc.) do not display and a red x appears with message- "Picture Can't be Displayed")

I tried to reproduce this issue using a few different pngs with no success.  My test was rather simple though so I have some questions for you.

What version of Scribe/Word are you using?  Are you doing any error capturing to make sure the result between each step is what you expect?  If the workflow is good and no errors can you reproduce the issue and send the logs?  It would also be great if you could put together a small sample file with the template/images you are using that you are having an issue with.  You can find where to get the logs from http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Plugin_log_files.   You can send everything to [email protected].

2 hours ago, Jonathan Ackerman said:

trying to append the signatures dynamically at the end of the working document depending on the person creating the document.

hoping to be able to merge for a document (vs. just append an image) since it also contains the text-"Signed by" and dynamic date

With the correct workflow and logic this can be done by using ScribeDocAppend.  The data being appended to the document currently loaded can be an image, text or even another document.  You'll really just need to keep track of the document that is currently loaded during this workflow and manipulate it accordingly.  

Let me know if you have any other questions.  Thank you!

Joshua

360Works Support

Ok here is my sample file:

I am running on Mac OS 10.14.4, FileMaker 17.0.6.600, Word for Mac Version 16.24, Scribe Plug-in Version 3.093

Attached find a sample file that demonstrates this issue, Click Merge Button to run the script.

lmk if you find anything.

thanks so much!

testSig.fmp12

this is my result:

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 3.20.30 PM.png

Edited by Jonathan Ackerman

Hey Jonathan,

So the file you sent me reproduces the issue.  I ran some more tests stripping both documents to it's most basic, text in one and a picture in the other.  After appending the picture to the other document the picture is lost in that too...which is not expected behavior.  I will bring this to the developers attention.  Right now I don't have an ETA on getting this resolved.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  Feel free to check back with us through [email protected].  Thank you!

Joshua

360Works Support

This topic is 1807 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.