Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Plugins will not enable

This topic is 1798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two main Macs - an iMac 5K running Mojave 10.14.4, and a 17" MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6. I had the FileMaker 18 Beta installed, with all the preupdate 360Works plugins, on both computers, and they ran just fine. (I did have to force the OS to accept them)

So today I deleted the beta (folder and the 18 folder in ~Library/Application Support, and the plugins. I downloaded the updated plugins from 360Works, and installed the just released FileMaker 18. Then I installed all my usual plugins (360Works, MBS, BaseElements)

In the iMac with Mojave all is well. All the plugins installed and were enabled.

On the MacBook Pro with High Sierra, MBS and BaseElements enabled just fine, but none of the 360Works plugins would. Not when installed, and not when I went to Preferences:Plugins and tried to check them on. Reboot the computer and/or reboot FileMaker does not help.

Any thoughts?

Dave

Hello Dave,

Could you please reproduce the plugin's failure to initialize and look for a log file in the /tmp directory generated around that time? Our plugins write a log file to temp directories during initialization and clues as to why its failing to initialize will be found there. The name of the log should include 360Works in the name. Once you retrieve that log file, please attach it to this thread.

Usually when plugins fail to initialize, there's an issue with the jre it uses to function. You can reference our documentation on how to manually install the jre at the link below. It might be worth doing that just to make sure you have a good copy of the jre on the machine.

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Common_issues#Plugins_released_on_or_after_May_2017_fail_to_load

So I deleted all the plugins and ran my install script again. I have attached a zip of the six 360Works log files created in tmp during the process of installing and attempting to enable. (They still did not enable.)

I followed the link to the 360Works page you referenced, and recreated the support files. My Java is version 8 update 211.

btw - I installed FM18 and the plugins on my 15" MacBookPro running 10.13.6, and the plugins enable just fine. But I have NO Java control panel on that computer.

Hope the logs tell you something.

Thank you,

Dave

360Works tmp Logs.zip

• Thanks 1

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting the logs. What is happening is our plugins have a process to delete any possible orphaned Java processes and that is failing when trying to convert the file name to a number so that any possible orphaned processes can be killed. To resolve this issue, please delete the PID folder located at  /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/360Works/Plug-ins/pid . However, we would like to see what could be causing the issue so we can fix it so before deleting the folder, can you please zip the "PID" folder and send it to [email protected] and reference this thread. 

This topic is 1798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.