Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Need a field that shows the total of all of a single client's invoices.

This topic is 1798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Beginner (We all started somewhere, right?)

Let's say I have two simple tables:
• Clients (Client ID, Client Name)
• Invoice (Client ID (related from Client), Client Name, product name, quantity, price, subtotal(=quantity*price) and Client Total (Summary = Total of subtotal)
On the invoice, I am getting the totals of ALL of the invoices from every client.:(

I want to show the total of all of a single client's invoices - I would like to show this not only on the client details page, but maybe on the invoice itself.
So, the invoice would have a total of the current invoice, and a "grand total" of all of the other invoices for that same client

Edited by Randy Bennett
Hit enter too quick..

There are two ways to show the total of client's invoices on a layout of Clients:

1. Place the summary field from Invoices on the layout of Clients;
  2. Define a calculation field in the Clients table = Sum ( Invoices::SubTotal )

If you want to show the same total in Invoices (not sure why you would want to), you need to use method #2. Then place the calculation field on a layout of Invoices. 

--
P.S. This seems a rather unusual setup. Will all your invoices ever include only one product?

You are right - it work on the Client page - but not on the "invoice' page

Thank you for the 2nd suggestion - it works! - yea!

yes - it's actually not an "invoice" that I am creating - but rather a "receipt" of sorts. 

It's for a festival that has food vendors - Each client (vendor) will give a number of tokens in exchange for payment of cash. This will happen several times a day.

I'm just making a record (receipt/invoice.. call it anything) of each time they exchange tokens for cash

I want a running total of how much was exchanged for each client.

Edited by Randy Bennett

This topic is 1798 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.