Base64Decode text and fill

This topic is 1760 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

How can I get my calculated Base64Decode container field to display some centralised (vertically and horiztonally) text, and have the entire background a certain colour?

Thanks

I don't get this. The Base64Decode() function decodes data encoded in Base64. The data can be either text or a file. If it's text, then you can use a Text field (or a calculation field with a Text result) to display it like any other text (including formatting). If it's a file, then you have no control over its content; if it's an image file, you can display it - but you can only display it as it is (although you can control the image size and its alignment within the container).

Edited by comment

Ah I must be a bit confused. Basically I have a photo container field that pertains to each user. If the user doesn't have a photo then the I want their initials displayed instead. I've so far achieved this by creating a calculation field with the following calc:

If ( IsEmpty ( photo ) ;
Left ( Forename ; 1) & Left ( Surname ; 1 )
; photo )

This works great, and I can add colour to the background by specifying it as the fill of field object in the layout. However I end up getting bits of that colour around the outside of the field if it is populated with a photo. Also it would be nice to be able to specify different colours for each user. So I was wondering if I could bring those extra formatting features to the calculation field.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, sal88 said:

However I end up getting bits of that colour around the outside of the field if it is populated with a photo.

Two possible solutions:

1. Set all padding values to 0 and format the field to reduce/enlarge the image to fit. Of course, this can only work if you also deselect "Maintain original proportions" and make sure all photos have the same width-to-height ratio;

2. Make the field transparent and format it conditionally to have a fill color when IsEmpty ( photo ). This will also allow you to add more conditions - and more colors - so that each group of users can have its own color.

This topic is 1760 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.