Extend summary

This topic is 1755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a layout summarising advertising activity and ticket sales for multiple events. 

I have tried a number of things.

First, in order to show dates (over a defined date range) that activity and sales occur I use a calculation field called "zs_GanttChart_rt":

Let ([Current_Date = Extend ( zv_StartDate_gd ) + Get (CalculationRepetitionNumber)]; 

Case ( IsEmpty ( Refiner_1A ) and Current_Date > Extend (Date_Start) and Current_Date < Extend (Date_Start) +2; Extend (Z_colour); Current_Date > Extend (Date_Start) and Current_Date < Extend (Date_End) +2; Extend (Z_colour) ))

That works fine.

Then I try to put sales figures in. First I simply used a repeating Summary Field with:

List of zs_GanttChart_rt

That works to a point. I get all the sales figures listed in the appropriate repeating field. However I don't actually want a list of each sale that occurs on a particular day. I want the total sales on that day.

So I created a calculation field on the sales items: GetSummary (Sum_Quantity; Date_Start)

Then tried this:

Let ([Current_Date = Extend ( zv_StartDate_gd ) + Get (CalculationRepetitionNumber)]; 

Case ( Current_Date > Extend (Date_Start) and Current_Date < Extend (Date_Start) +2; Extend (Summary_Sales); Current_Date > Extend (Date_Start) and Current_Date < Extend (Date_End) +2; Extend (Summary_Sales) ))

Now here's where it gets interesting. If placed within sub summary part, it returns the correct value for the first relevant repetition only (and no other values). If placed in a grand summary part, it returns the correct value for the last relevant repetition only (and no other values).

I'm puzzled.

Fair enough.

Let's say we have an artist performing shows in 3 cities. On any given day there may be advertising activity for one or more of these shows.This activity may utilise a number of different media channels. We can display a summary of when this activity occurs by date and channel using repeating fields.

Each day there are certain number ticket sales for each of the three events We can display a summary of when sales have occurred by date using repeating fields.

What I'd like to do is show the total ticket sales each day.

At the moment the closest I can get is show a list of each city's sales on a particular date. What I want is the total sales each day.

I am afraid I still don't see the entire picture. If you have a repeating calculation field that puts the amount of tickets sold in the repetition corresponding to a certain date, then a summary field defined as total of the repeating calculation field, summarize repetitions individually, will show the subtotals/totals for the dates when placed in a sub-summary/summary part. 

My problem is defining "a repeating calculation field that puts the amount of tickets sold in the repetition corresponding to a certain date."

As I said in first post: if placed in a sub Summary it shows only first value; If placed in Grand Summary it shows only last value.

Edited by millmaine

Well, given these fields describing an individual sale:

• TxDate
  • TxQuantity

and assuming you want your columns to represent consecutive dates starting from the date held in a global gReportStartDate field, I would start be defining a repeating calculation cReportDatesR field (result is Date) =

Extend ( gReportStartDate ) + Get (CalculationRepetitionNumber) - 1

This can be used in the header part to show column labels. Next, define another repeating calculation field (result is Number) =

If ( Extend ( TxDate ) = cReportDatesR ; Extend ( TxQuantity ) )

This is the field you want to summarize.

If you do not need column labels, you can consolidate the calculation to =

If ( Extend ( TxDate ) = Extend ( gReportStartDate ) + Get (CalculationRepetitionNumber) - 1 ; Extend ( TxQuantity ) )

• Like 1

That gives me the same result: if placed in a Sub Summary it shows only first value; If placed in Grand Summary it shows only last value. They appear on appropriate dates (as they did before) but I'm not getting all values.

Edited by millmaine

This topic is 1755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.