Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Rookie Problem subsummary report and summary field

This topic is 1755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone

I am working with filemaker on and off for the last recent years but, no doubts about it, I am still a rookie.

lately I have created a db similar to a booking engine for shore excursions for river cruise ships. Lots of modules, layouts, scripts etc. As I really have to work with my limited knowledge, it took a long time and is not really constructed in a way any pro would do it with a lot of workarounds and probably sort of unorthodox. However, it works just fine for me and I am sort of proud, to have gotten to the point where I am. However, I am afraid, that I corrupted the whole thing somehow.

No I am trying to integrate a sort of an accounting layout consisting out of a summary or subsummary report. The report contains fields from  4 related tables. and a summary field. The db has some 5 different tables and around 35 different active layouts. First problem is that my subsummary part, which I created with the New Layout/Report assistant, does not show up at all in browse mode. I have tried to base the layout on all 4 tables, but it seems not to be working.

The second problem is that the summary field is not working and producing some random weired numbers instead of the summary of the field it is assigned to. On the attached pics I have placed the summary field into the bottom in order to demonstrate the results. In every ordinary case it is located in the subsummary part. I have played around here a lot. deleted it, created a new field, created a new layout etc, etc, but it just won't calculate the value of the field it is assinged to.

Anyone any idea, of what am I doing wrong here? Tnx for any help in advance.

browse mode.jpg

subsummary  relationship graph.jpg

subsummary layout.jpg

part setup.jpg

Edited by amerioca
loaded another pic

This topic is 1755 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.