FileMaker 18 exporting to "old" Excel?

This topic is 1614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is anybody else seeing an issue with exporting to .xlsx in FMP 18?

I have a scripted find/export that has never been a problem before. But, ever since I updated to FMP 18 I sometimes get errors with the Excel spreadsheet that is created.

As you can see in the attached, if I make my changes and hit save it says I have to Save a Copy (if I use the same name it saves over the top of the open file just fine) because the original spreadsheet was an "older version of Excel".

Capture.thumb.PNG.a3a34eff6e21e04363ddacbc0eacffeb.PNG

If I open it and try to save immediately, I get an error saying a "new version [is] available".

Capture2.PNG.8f2c8cf1638c35a048595ef733744ced.PNG

I am using FileMaker Pro 18 on a Windows 10 machine and have Office 365 Premium.

• 3 months later...

That looks more like an issue with Excel than FM. You're exporting from FM and opening in Excel. FM seems to be exporting in an older format than your version of Excel uses. Have you tried using an older version of Excel? What if you use LibreOffice Calc? I don't use Excel unless I really have to (give me LibreOffice any day), but you should be able to tell Excel to use an older format.

With FM you tell it when to upgrade. With Windows 10 and Office, MS upgrades you whether you like it or not. It's well possible a chance was made in recent times after an upgrade. MS is not known for delivering quality software. Especially with Windows 10. I don't think they've had a Win10 release without issues yet.

It's possible to stop Win10 from auto upgrading, none of the Win10 machines in my network upgrade automatically, some are 2 years behind now :-D, and its saved me a lot of headaches.

This topic is 1614 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.