Create a heatmap

This topic is 1721 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I would like to create a heat map with data from a related table.

In table 1 different records with a field with a value. A field with hour of the day. A field with day of the week.

In another table I would like (in 1 global record) an overview with times per day with a field containing the average value of that hour of the day of the week.

What is the best way to do this? Thanks

I am not sure why you would need the other table. You can simply produce a summary report of your data, sorted by day-of-week and by hour, and use a summary field to display the average value of each sorted group.

Edited by comment

Are you seriously contemplating this? I only mentioned it to show how impractical it would be. There are much better ways - but you need to explain in more detail what exactly are you trying to accomplish here (and for what purpose).

Edited by comment

another question to make it even more difficult 😂

Is there a possibility to change the background colour of a field when the average value is 0-50: red, 50-75: orange and 75+ green?

or maybe above total average green and below total average red?

Yes, this is easy to do with conditional formatting; 
https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/18/fmp/en/index.html#page/FMP_Help%2Fconditional-formatting.html

Note that if you want to compare an individual value to the average, you must decide what to include in the average. If you use the existing summary field, it will be the average of the current found set. 

This topic is 1721 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.