BE filepath on WIN Server problem (working on local WIN)

This topic is 1716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear community

After hours of tinkering, I'm looking for some help.

I have a script that combines PDFs using BE's AppendPDF command that works perfectly on a FileMaker Advanced instance on Windows. However I simply cannot get it to work on FileMaker Server (Windows Server 2016). I get nothing but questions marks.

Here's the script code (see image) which is working on local Windows.

Can someone give me one file-path example of how I would have to write the paths for PoS?

MANY thanks in advance,

Michael

Screenshot 2019-08-09 at 15.36.15.png

Here's my attempt in what the script might need to look like for PoS, but as I said, I get nothing but "?" in the containers, which tells me that something with the file paths is off. Plugin is installed on Server for sure.

Screenshot 2019-08-09 at 15.45.10.png

Don't worry about the entire script. Here's an excerpt of one single path. If I can get that, I can do the rest.

Screenshot 2019-08-09 at 15.47.31.png

Edited by innodat

Just realized you're on a Mac desktop. On Mac BE will return a forward slash (/) in the path like FM. But on Windows BE returns a backslash (\) as that is what the OS uses, while FM continues to use a forward slash. Internally FM converts this to a backslash when accessing the filesystem. Which means that on windows you need to substitute the forward slashes to back slashes.

If you use BE commands you don't need to substitute because BE adapts to the OS.

This topic is 1716 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.