Multiline list view in browse mode

sal88

This topic is 1688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all

Apologies if this is doubling up, I have posted this here also https://fmforums.com/topic/104916-display-multi-line-records/?tab=comments#comment-475037 but I think this might be the better in this forum. It's quite a fundamental thing so I worry I've been using FileMaker wrong all this time!

Is there a way, without the webviewer, to view a stream of multline records in browse mode? So, if I were to have a list of email messages, in which the body field has multiple lines, I would be able to see all those lines within each record. Rather than each record's body field being a fixed height thus resulting in cut off text.

Thanks

A record's body will always have a fixed height in Browse mode.

You can view "a stream of multiline records" without a web viewer using a summary field defined as List of [some field] or a calculation field using the List() function to show data from related records. However, you won't be able to do much beyond simple viewing. Although it is possible to detect a click in the field and calculate in which record it occurred, it is a lot of work and the result is substandard UI.

This topic is 1688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.