Filemaker Pro Advanced 18 Scriptmaster Plug-in Initialization Error

This topic is 1257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

"Unable to read from stdout on JVM startup after 3 seconds"

This happens intermittently. Sometimes it starts up perfectly.

Is there any way to increase the timeout?

Thanks

I have seen this error before but it is usually with an older build or it happens every time and is because the JRE didn't download. With it happening intermittently and no other reports of this, I can't say exactly what is causing the issue. Can you please reproduce the issue and get the temp logs and send them to [email protected] . Please see these instructions for how to get the temp logs.

Add me to the reports on this, it will load on FM Advanced but NOT on server.   I have tried updating from an older version of the ScriptMaster FileMaker file but new plug in. It seems to load and then uncheck itself, writing an error to the event log about failing to load.

Do I need to copy all of my functions to the latest version of the SM fileMaker file? I have like 20 functions and it's not so easy to re-create.

Hi jaylkjr,

What version of the ScriptMaster are you trying this with? Version of FileMaker Server? OS?

1 hour ago, jaylkjr said:

Do I need to copy all of my functions to the latest version of the SM fileMaker file? I have like 20 functions and it's not so easy to re-create.

No, the Scritpmaster.fmp12 file will have no impact on the initialization of the plugin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Ryan

I am wondering whether there has been any progress with resolving this issue after my screen share session with Joe Martin a few weeks ago. 

Thanks

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

FYI The same problem occurs with v5.3 although the error message is slightly different. 

Unable to start child process JVM

However after two or three attempts to restart the plug in manually I can get it going. 

Hi ccbc, 

Version 5.3 contains all of our latest changes so if you are still seeing this behavior then whatever is causing the problem has not been addressed. This is because we are not able to reproduce. 5.3 installs and enables without issue in our Catalina test environment. Do you see this behavior with any other 360Works plugins? Try with Email, it can be downloaded here. If you can consistently reproduce this issue, please post the exact steps you are taking to reproduce. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Ryan

Sorry for the delay in replying. I can reliably and consistently reproduce this problem. 

It is very simple. When the ScriptMaster 5.2/5.3 plug in is first enabled it attempts to start up and launches a java process which it then fails to connect to. When it is enabled a second and subsequent times it launches a new Java process as before but connects to the Java process launched previously. The plug in then operates correctly albeit with an additional unused Java process. 

So it appears to start up correctly if there is a Java process still running from a previous attempt to enable the plugin. 

To reliably reproduce the issue I quit any existing Java processes using activity monitor. The first attempt to enable the plug in will then fail. Subsequent attempts then succeed. 

Basically the scriptmaster plug in 5.2/5.3 is not managing the Java processes and connections correctly.  

The email plug in appears to work ok.

Regards

Chris

PS Having said that the email plugin may be picking up Java process launched previously too!

Chris

• 11 months later...
  • Newbies

I have the same problem here with ScripterMaster 5.3 and FileMaker 18.0.3 on Windows 10 Pro. Starting FileMaker throws the error "Unable to launch plug-in child process JVM". FileMaker starts nonetheless but our custom plug-in is deactivated. After closing and restarting FileMaker it starts normally and the plug-in is activated. The next day the error usually reappears, but not always, sometimes the first startup works for two or three days.

I already followed the instructions linked in the 4th post with no permanent success. 360works also suggested to delete the folder %AppData%\Local\360Works\Plug-ins\pid\ before starting up FileMaker, but that doesn't solve the issue either.

Did anyone found a permanent solution for the problem yet?

This topic is 1257 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.