Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Amazon Corretto not recognized

This topic is 1693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

After banishing Oracle Java, I installed the Amazon Corretto version of openjdk 1.8.0_222 on my FileMaker servers. FMS is happy with this version, but the latest Mirror Sync apparently doesn't see it.  I get the "you need to download the Java Runtime Environment" error. And to add insult to injury, the More Info link takes me to the Oracle Java download page for version 8.

Will Mirror Sync work with Corretto?

If so, thoughts on why it is not seeing it?

Dave

Hi Dave - we’re working on a change to MirrorSync to include our own Java, separately from whatever else is installed for the operating system. 

For now, it might be necessary to stick with Oracle java for a month or so. 

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

Did you run the installer for the openJDK or did you only do the set up in the FileMaker Server Admin console? If you only did the process in the admin console, this does not install the openJDK on your system. Rather it is sandboxed only for use with FMS. If you run the command:

java -version

in Terminal/CMD do you see the openJDK listed there? If not, then either the Java Home variable is not set or the openJDK was not installed on the system. 

Mac 10.13.6.. Downloaded and installed the latest version. The error is when I try to run MirrorSync5ConfigClient.jnlp

(btw - independent of this problem, I am in process of rebuilding our MySQL server after a ID10T error on my part. So if I do get MirrorSync running, I'll have to wait to try it out. Goingto be a long night.)

Edited by Dave Vaklyes
Afterthought

Hi Dave,

I haven't tested with Correto specifically but I was able to get the .jnlp file to launch with the AdoptOpenJDK JRE (available here) on Windows. I was able to reproduce what you are seeing in Mac. The reason the .jnlp file won't work is because the MacOS version of openJDK lacks the resource, IcedTea-Web, to launch .jnlp files. Unfortunately this means that for the time being, until we can find a work around, you will need to access the Configuration client from a Windows computer, get an Oracle license, or use an archived version of a JRE that is not under the new licensing change. 

I tried on my AWS FMS server running Windows Server 2016, also with Corretto (is is an AWS server after all), and got the same error.

So I deleted Corretto on my desktop Mac, installed Oracle Java, and the client works. (My MirrorSync license is messed up, but Warren is handling that issue.)

So i hope this issue is fixed soon. I also hope MirrorSync 6 is realized soon!

Thanks for your help.

Dave

This topic is 1693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.