Script errors - now suddenly

This topic is 1681 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been using FM17Adv for some time.  I am on a MacPro 12-core tower and I had been running macOS Sierra.  All the internal scripts I had in one database worked perfectly.

I recently updated to High Sierra and now I am getting script errors I don't understand.  And this is from the same exact file I used previously.  I have one script where I want it to open a folder in Dropbox so I can access files there.  But I am getting this error:  Can’t make "Dropbox" into type integer.  Then I get a -1700 error dialog immediately after that.  Can anyone explain how I can fix this.  I have not been able to find anything online.

The script is a native AppleScript, and I suspect that has something to do with this.  Here is the script:

tell application "Finder"     activate     open folder " Pieces 2011" of folder "Teaching Material" of folder "Dropbox" of "  ThomaStudios 4TB"     select Finder window 1 set position of Finder window 1 to {2877, 167} end tell

Thanks.

J D Thomas ThomaStudios

Thanks for that link.  I didn't find much there however and they didn't have any search function.  But it did start me thinking about things and I remembered that I can just record a new script from within SE, so I did.  The syntax was quite a bit different from my original script, so I plugged that into my FM file and got everything to work once again.  Thanks for your direction.

This topic is 1681 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.