360Works Scribe, Can't add an image from FM to MS Word

This topic is 1678 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So I am having trouble adding an image from a FM Container to my word document.

I'm not having trouble replacing any wording on the document, only adding an image. I get a weird result as shown on the attached images.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, first time I'm using this plugin. I have the demo version so to test out my needs.

Thanks

909da09865.jpeg

909da467f1.jpeg

909d984542.jpeg

Hi OscarGalvez,

ScribeDocWriteValue can only be used to write text to a .docx file when using content control fields. It cannot be used to write images to .docx files. If you want to write an image to a .docx file, you need to use ScribeDocSubstitute in the same way you are substituting text. Instead of referencing a text field, reference a container field

ex)

ScribeDocSubstitute(Name:"%UnitPic"; Value: Model Pictures::Pictures)

Hi Ryan,

I took your method and wasn't getting any results. Kept getting the message

"No occurrence of '%UnitPic' were found in the document. Try using a shorter placeholder string, as......

So I went back to my template. Double checked, deleted, and reinserted. Tested the script and it functioned. Ran it again, and it failed with the same error. This kept occurring several times. I never received a consistent fix.

Also, when it did work. I received an error from MS

"Word found unreadable content in "doc". Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you trust the source of this document, click yes. 

I'm using a "Rich Text Content Control". Under properties and tag, I insert %UnitPic as shown on the image of my previouse post. I also place %UnitPic in the text box.

However, I prefer a "Picture Content Control" because I can properly position it on the document (for example, center right). Is this possible?

Switched from using "Rich Text Content Control" to "Plain Text Content Control"

So far it is working.

Not a fan of using this type of placeholder for adding an image. It limits me from placing the image at a specific point on the document.  User will need to consistently adjust and edit. Either I place it at the beginning on a paragraph, at the end, or between two paragraph. What if I want the text to wrap around, square, through the image? Is there a solution.

Edited by OscarGalvez

I suspect that the "%" is what is causing the issue. I realize some of our examples use this naming convention but my recommendation is to not use special characters in your placeholders. I usually append two words together like CUSTOMERNAME CUSTOMERADDRESS CUSTOMERACCOUNTNUMBER . Try that and let me know if you are still having an issue.

Success Ryan!

Thank you!

How come I keep getting an error when opening the saved document?

"Word found unreadable content in "doc". Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you trust the source of this document, click yes. 

Edited by OscarGalvez

This topic is 1678 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.