Append multiple PDFs

This topic is 1606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

With several different PDFs in different fields, and also in different related records, I need to combine the pdfs into a single pdf.

I can save the current record Save Record as a PDF and this is the only script command that can append to an existing pdf.

But that doesn't solve the problem of needing to append in PDFs from a variety of different container fields.

For some reason, the Export Field Contents script step does not have an append option, as does Save Record as a PDF.

Recommendations?

Filemaker will append its own PDF (created at that moment) to an existing PDF. It will not combine two already existing PDFs. Use a plugin (e.g. BaseElements) or a 3rd party application. In macOS, you can use AppleScript to run this from within Filemaker. I suspect a similar option exists on Windows through Send Event.

You can try MBS FileMaker Plugin with it's PDF functions.

For Mac and iOS, you can use PDFKit functions and for cross platform projects including Windows and Cloud, you can use our DynaPDF functions.

e.g. with DynaPDF just open multiple PDFs with DynaPDF.OpenPDFFromContainer function and import the files with DynaPDF.ImportPDFFile. Later save new PDF.

• 1 month later...

This topic is 1606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.