FM Books Connector works sometimes

This topic is 1619 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We have been using FM Books Connector for years without a hitch. Recently we Upgraded to Quickbooks Enterprise 2019, FM Books Connector v12, and FileMaker Pro Advanced 18 32bit. Every once in a while when we push to Quickbooks from Filemaker the invoice line items are showing blank in Quickbooks. We get the customer info in Quickbooks, and it sends back an invoice number to FileMaker.  It only does this every now and again, so I know my scripts are working, nothing has changed with the scripts in a long time. We are running on Windows 10 Pro.

That's a lot of new pieces at once. Here are a couple things to consider in this situation:

Is the problem isolated to a single Invoice among several sent from the same computer in the same FileMaker session?

Have you tried voiding a "problem Invoice" in QB and sending it again from FMP?

If so, is the subsequent attempt successful?

The InvoiceAddRs contains the details of every LineItem on the Invoice. You can parse the Response to determine whether or not they contain the expected detail, and take appropriate action if they do not.

For troubleshooting purposes, you could add a step that captures the result of PCQB_SGetXML( "Request"  ; "" ) above the step that calls the PCQB_RqExecute for the InvoiceAddRq. This will confirm that FileMaker and the Plug-in have assembled the Invoice details correctly.

It's unlikely that the API is handing back a Response that doesn't match the Invoices it created, but you could confirm what the API returned by adding a step that captures the result of PCQB_SGetXML( "Response"  ; "" ) below the step that calls the PCQB_RqExecute for the InvoiceAddRq.

If I were working on this, I'd set a $variable for each of the SGetXML calls, use xpath filtering to produce a stack of the relevant LineItem Node values, and compare them. If they don't match, I'd send myself an email with the xml Request and Response data.

HTH!

Geoffrey Gerhard
Creative Solutions Incorporated
14000 Creekside Drive
Matthews, NC 28105

This topic is 1619 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.