Sign in to follow this  
DataCruncher

Plugins ran fine for months. Now update to Mac Java 8 U231 - and they won't load?

I have downloaded the lates Java version for Mac, Java 8 Update 231. 

All of a sudden, none of my plugins will load? I have Scribe, SuperContainer companion in the latest versions but they simply won't show under plugins? 

What am I doing wrong? 

Hi DataCruncher,

The latest versions of our plugins do not use the Java that is installed on the machine but rather use a sandboxed instance that is downloaded the first time the plugin is initialized so updating system Java will not have an impact on the plugins. Did you update any thing else? operating system, FileMaker, etc? If not, I recommend a reinstall. Remove the plugin and re-download them from our website. Scribe is here and SuperContainer is here. Make sure to install the .fmplugin file in any of the Extensions folders. On Mac these are:

/Applications/FileMaker Pro 17 Advanced/Extensions

/Users/<userName>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro <Advanced>/<version>/Extensions
/Users/<userName>/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions

Please note that the 3rd path listed only exists if you have multiple versions of FMPro installed. Next, follow the instructions here to remove any existing sandboxed JRE and manually re-install it. If you continue to have an issue, please send an email to support@360works.com and reference this thread.

Just to follow up, this was resolved by removing the entire FileMaker installation and re-installing with all current versions of plugins. Works just like it used to!