I need to do a report that pulls data when two fields =

This topic is 1631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that was imported from an Excel spreadsheet.   It has rows of repetitive data in it.   
I simply need to do some query searches in it to pull the data out.    Users where asked questions, and obviously there are answers.
Each question has a unique label on it 😀, and each user has a unique ID Number😀!

So my question(s) is,  how do I get both fields, QUESTION_ID    and   RN_NUMBER to both come up to show me the question and answer?

Do I create a script that has in "IF" statement and then another "IF" statement inside of that ?? 

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 9.15.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 9.14.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 7.59.31 AM.png

I don't know. You started this thread by asking about doing a find for a report. At least I think you did - I did not understand the question that well. Now you're showing something that could be part of a script or a calculation (but isn't either), with no context and no explanation what it's supposed to do, and you ask if it could work. I don't know.

It is supposed to go through that WordForceData table and count how many times when 
the field Gender = Male and the field Question_ID =q-000631

WorkForceData::Gender = "Male" and WorkForceData::Quesiton_ID = "Q-000631"

I just ran it and It looks like it is locked up, won't stop running.

Re the script you added: it might work if instead of going to the last record, you go to the next record, with the option 'Exit after last' turned 'On'. And I think you want to start with the counters at 0, not 1.

There's probably a better way to do this, but ... 

?? Thanks for your help first of all!!!  But could you please be more precise? Remember, I am a rookie,   🙂 .  I don't see where it says to go to the last record, and where I would put "Exit after Last" turned on ??? .  SORRY, could you give example, or tell me where to put that?? I am google searching now..

Ok, I did that, and thanks for clarifying it by the way!!, and nothing is popping up.

I was hoping to click the button, run the script, and it would count the numbers for me of how many males and females we have. the $males and $Females total.   

Could I make $males and $females global and just show their numbers?? 😉

So I did some googling and found the "Set Field" command.   I am trying to push the numbers from the global variables over to the set field areas.    Not quite working yet.   I put them at the bottom of the script.

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.15.28 PM.png

When I click on my shortcut block to execute the script I get a strange square like icon that pops up, and nothing happens.  I have a Macintosh machine, I don't know if that is supposed to be like an hourglass or what, but I seem to get nothing. 😡

I tried to capture how it looks, but I obviously can't.  I feel like I am so close to getting the ******* count of how many Male and Females there is.  After that, boom it opens up the door for me to understand how to do all of these ******* queries!

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 12.26.32 PM.png

This topic is 1631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.