FMPA 18, macOSX Catalina - webviewer refresh broken

This topic is 1596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a web viewer in my FMP solution that I run on FMPA 18 on macOS. 

When I ran it on High Sierra, everything worked just fine. 

Since I upgraded to macOS Catalina (I know, I know...), the web viewer does not handle changes to the Supercontainer contents well. 

For instance, when I hit the delete button, the SuperContainer deletes the contents, but the web viewer will still show the old word document. 

This may prompt the user to hit the delete button again, when SuperContainer will throw an error because no file is there to be deleted? 

Worse, it will still show the old file when in fact the SuperContainer is empty. 

I am able to manually fix it by force reloading the web viewer - but that' s not the behavior it had before. My SuperContainer Server is a tomcat8 instance that works fine on all non-Catalina client machines. 

As the web viewer is rendered through a Safari component, I am wondering if Safari is now caching something it is not meant to cache in conjunction with running Supercontainer on FMP 18 on Catalina? 

Thank you for any hint as to why this is happening!

I am not able to reproduce this. I created a new file, put a web viewer on the layout, and pointed it to a SuperContainer file. When I deleted it, the choose file and upload button are shown. The Safari version on the machine is the latest I believe, 13.0.2. Can you try this test? I want to see if they behavior occurs outside of your database.

With that being said, my tests were run with SuperContainer running on a Mac in standalone and in the FileMaker Server 18 web server. I do not have a tomcat installation of SuperContainer to test with but I don't suspect that the behavior should be different as it still the same code that runs. Is your SuperContainer externally accessible? If so, can you pm me the address or send it in an email to [email protected]?

• 2 weeks later...

I am investigating this further - it seems to be not isolated to Catalina; but instead to FMPA 18 on Mac. 

There may be something different in how Filemaker 18 handles the rendering of the web viewer component; it seems the web viewer is caching some information.

This topic is 1596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.