Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Install problem

This topic is 1633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Why would I be getting this on install?  MacOS Catalina, latest MacBook Pro, just recently installed Python 3, Django, PIP, Eclipse which had me install the latest JDK from Oracle.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 12.17.10 PM.png

Never seen that one before and install very many FMSes.  Is there an install log or anything in any of the system logs?

Sounds like this is a dev or testing box?  If it is not then move all that stuff that requires Java away from the FMS machine.  FMS is extremely sensitive to the wrong version of Java.

Thanks Wim, I'm thinking the same thing since it cropped up right after the other installs.  Won't have time till next week but will isolate all the new stuff and force FMS to do the Java (I believe it installs it's own if not available....).

20 minutes ago, William said:

force FMS to do the Java (I believe it installs it's own if not available....).

Not anymore it doesn't.  Not since Oracle changed its licensing.  A standard FMS now does not install anything.  When you enable web publishing you are prompted to either use a licensed version of Oracle's java or download the supported OpenJDK.

Note the exact supported/tested versions:

https://support.filemaker.com/s/article/FileMaker-Server-and-Java-Overview-1503693052471?language=en_US

OpenJDK updated its version late October but the latest FMS18v3 requires the previous one (which you can download from their archives).

So for best results with FMS, completely remove any pre-existing Oracle Java.

Finally got all the Java uninstalled.  Problem still occurred.  Then I saw the install file I was using was 18.0.1 instead of 18.0.3.  Downloaded the newer file and presto, installed fine.  Thanks again Wim.

On 11/7/2019 at 7:23 PM, William said:

Then I saw the install file I was using was 18.0.1 instead of 18.0.3.  Downloaded the newer file and presto, installed fine.  Thanks again Wim.

I am having the same issue here. On 2 separate machines, one is as good as a clean install.

Problem: I have 18.01 and updaters, but I need a 18.03 installer, which... FileMaker does not provide. How to handle this?

Edited by Peter Wagemans
typo

Go back to the email you got with your FM18 license details.  The links to the downloads will point to the latest full installer so that you don't have to install v1 first and then upgrade.

If you don't have that email anymore, contact your FM sales person and they can send it again.

• Haha 1

The link in that mail has long expired, Wim. Of course your advice is excellent, but I wonder why I need a sales person for technical support, and why the article https://support.filemaker.com/s/article/FileMaker-and-macOS-Catalina-Compatibility?language=en_US is not mentioning this problem, while it is simply happening when you try to install FileMaker Server on a Catalina machine.

We do a lot of new installs, and I'm sure some collegue of mine recently did a fresh license install somewhere. So I will probably get this fixed somehow today... But... why does FIleMaker not provide full installers? Why does the link expire? This is the nth time this is happening, everytime a new OS version comes out, the base installer does not work anymore, but there is no way to solve the problem .... without contacting a SALES person???  Iknow, i iknow iknow, calm down....

🙂 -- peter

Got a filemaker.com download link from a collegue, will post this when I'm done downloading, because it's not downloading really fast...

This topic is 1633 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.