Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal and Printing Records

This topic is 1623 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Everyone

I am a new filemaker programmer (that's a stretch!). I just learned how to link three tables (Assignments/Rubrics/Levels).   I created a drop down menu from a portal (based on levels). It shows two things (level and descriptor) in the portal. Yeah

I am trying to get to print the level and the descriptor on a report. What level did a student get? What did the level descriptor say? Like a mini report card.

I am able to get the Level to display correctly based on the drop down menu on the report. I cannot ( and I have tried many things) get the descriptor to show. It is only a text box inside a portal. When I do get the descriptor showing it is only the first line in the portal for each different rubric. 

I have tried to search for this online but I am not getting any hits. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks for any help!

Are you printing your report from the Levels Table Occurence?  Basically do a find that shows the 'Levels' records you want to print, print that.  You can have fields for Assignments and Rubrics on that layout/report.

• Newbies

Hi Steve

Thanks for the tip.  I did start a new layout with the levels as you suggested. Now I can see all the levels and all the descriptors. I think I need to work on how to write Find requests. In the Access days I would write a query that would collect that info so I think I'm not sure how to do the equivalent in FM. I appreciate your help. For now, I am going to put both the level and descriptor in the same portal cell as I can only display one of the two no matter what I do. Maybe a bad relationship along the way...

BG

This topic is 1623 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.