Script Step to turn on/off Auto-Enter Options in Dialog Box

This topic is 1575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I'm using the "Calculated value" option in the Auto-Enter Options dialog box to run calculations on several fields during an Import of data. It cleans up some miss spelled data.

But I need to turn OFF the "Calculated value" options after the import is done using a Script step if there is one?  Or some other method?  And back on before the import as well. 

FYI... If I leave it turned on the Formula I have specified for the Calc will make the field data disappear if it doesn't match and of the possible calculation results.

I did see the wonderful Auto-Enter options in the newly updated Import Dialog box in FileMaker 18, but that wants the formula's left active or √ as they say.  Thank in advance!  😀

26 minutes ago, SBC said:

Or some other method?  

Immediately after import, the found set contains only the imported records. This is a good time to run Replace Field Contents on those fields that need correction. You can (and should) make this part of your import script and remove those auto--enter options that are not meant to be used otherwise. 

• Newbies

Thanks to both of you for your quick responses!

I have to admit that sometimes one can't see the forest from the trees!  Running the "Replace Field Contents" AFTER the import has finished is perfect.  Some times one needs a good slap up side the head to see something so simple and obvious!  Thanks again!  😀

This topic is 1575 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.