Unable to launch plug-in child process JVM

This topic is 1405 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

After moving the .fmx64 plugin file to the Extensions folder, FileMaker Pro (v18.0.3 and Windows 10) shows a message saying "Unable to launch plug-in child process JVM". This is happening for both the Email plugin and the FTPeek plugin. 

Hello,

Plugin initialization issues are typically caused by issues with the download of the support files that are needed for the plugins to operate. Please follow the instructions here to manually download and install them. If doing so does not resolve the issue, please follow the instructions here to get the initialization logs and send them in an email to [email protected]. This will create an official support ticket for you and we will be able to look into the issue further.

• Newbies

Thank you. I just wanted to confirm that downloading the 64bit zip file from your S3 bucket and replacing my existing "jre" files did fix the problem. 

Edited by mat101010
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I am having the same problem. I am running Windows 10 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 18.0.3. I am running Java 8 update 241. I copied over the ScriptMaster 5.3 64 bit plug-in to my Extensions directory. I sees the plug-in when I go to Edit -> Preferences -> Plug-ins. I checked and I am running 64 bit Java and 64 bit FileMaker. I'm currently installing the version 1909 update to Windows 10, but that will take hours, so perhaps that will help. I did an uninstall of all Java JREs before installing the one I currently installed. Any help would be great. Thank you.  -Doug.

Hi Doug,

ScriptMaster 5.3 does not use the Java that is installed on your system so removing or installing them will have no impact on the plugin. Rather, upon the first time ever initializing, the plugin will download a JRE and use it exclusively. Initialization issues are typically caused by issues with this download. Please see my response on Dec. 13 2019 in this thread for instructions on how to remove the JRE and install it manually. If this does not resolve the initialization issue, please send an email to [email protected] to create an official support case.

• 4 months later...
We might be having the same or similar issue....
Should FileMaker 14 on top of Windows 10 work?

Client emailed with an error message:
Title: Plug-in Installation error
Body: “Unable to launch plug-in child process JVM"

They have just 2 plugins that they use
  • 360Works_Scribe.fmx64
  • BaseElements.fmx64
The install is FileMaker 14 on top of Windows 10. 
(previously running Windows 8=worked…looks like the upgrade to Window 10 that happened  7 days ago was the breaking change)

This topic is 1405 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.