determining if a user clicked out of a popover

This topic is 1540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to capture the action of a user clicking outside a popover to dismiss it instead of using escape or a close button.

I have a field in the popover that has a onObjectExit script trigger to perform a find.  I have it setup to exit the script if they type Escape, or to show a custom dialog if nothing is entered into the find field and they type the enter key.

My problem is that I want to subvert the dialog if they just click out of the field onto the layout (slide Panel), but I see no way to capture this action. "Get ( ActiveLayoutObjectName )" doesn't work because they're not clicking into anything that would trigger that.

A card window doesn't fit into the design scheme, unfortunately.  I could put a button there, but I was trying to make it a little more elegant by having it trigger on exiting the field. I guess I'll have to leave it as is and assume that they won't be annoyed when they get the "empty field" dialog...

Thanks.

Edited by vinnygi

I think we still need a little more info on the workflow/process of what you are trying to accomplish.

Why is a user opening a popover? For which task(s).

What triggers the popover to open?

What do you expect to happen if they open the popover change their mind?

Or a popover can have a field at the type that does a 'search as you type'.

There are many options.  I recommended a card window because you could make it look and function almost exactly like a card window.

'Empty field' dialogs can be surpressed.

This topic is 1540 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.