Server Maintenance This Week. ×

XML import/export

DPaquin

This topic is 1564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been going through the web to look for examples and I have not been successful. 

Even when looking in Lynda.com.

Over the years, I have been using plist files and now wants to change to xml. I am looking for example on how to export and import data in xml format with filmakers pro . Does anyone have an idea where I could find some information?

The idea is to create a script which would import a xml file located on a SDHC card. A script is being used to format SDHC cards and at the same time the NX5UCarteNo field will be updated to identify the card with a number from 01 to 10. The information is the being exported as an XML file onto the SDHC card.

The next time the SDHC card is mounted the script would then import it's content in the NX5U table. The xml file is to identify which SDHC card is being mounted. This would be done with the information saved under the NX5UCarteNo field.

Thanks for your help!

With regards!

Daniel

Import-Export table to XML.png

What do people use to create a XSL style sheet which can be used by filemaker pro? When performing the xml import/export I do not have access to the internet.

It looks like I would need smoking of xml editor to create  XSL style sheet. Am I correct? I only need to create this XSL style sheet once? is there some-kind of free xml editor which can be used to create XSL style sheet.

Thanks!

An XSLT stylesheet is a plain text file that can be created using any text editor. You need to be familiar with the source and target XML schemas and have at least a basic knowledge of the XSLT language (try perhaps the tutorial here). You also need a testing environment - either of your own or an online one such as this).

There are also numerous examples of import and export stylesheets posted here, mostly by Fenton and by me.

This topic is 1564 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.