Can Plastic integrate with a payment terminal and pin pad?

This topic is 1556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We're developing a FileMaker POS system for a (brick-and-mortar) grocery store and want our payment processing to work seamlessly with it. Can 360Works Plastic do this? In case that's not a clear question, our current payment processing is done with Verifone VX520 and VX820 terminals and pin pads that have no connection to our POS system. The cashier has to hand-enter the payment transaction on the Verifone equipment. We want to avoid that step and have the payment amount go directly from the computer to the terminal/pin pad for processing. Is 360Works Plastic a means of doing this? Would it require a different terminal or pin pad?

I am not sure if this is possible with plastic, you can use it with a mag stripe reader connected via USB.

At this time i don't believe Plastic will work with CHIP readers or NFC readers.

Some merchant terminals may have some sort of api where that device after payment capture happens you click a button on the computer that which knows the  device id and your api key you do a request to there merchant api and get back a result from the recent transaction, including the payment approved amount or if it was declined etc.

• Like 1

Hi LaugingW,

OceanWest's answer is correct. Currently Plastic is not compatible with chip readers nor NFC readers. This is because each different reader have their own API and specific gateway that needs to be implemented into the code so we can't conceivably cover all readers out there. We do have plans to support chip readers but I don't have an ETA as to when that will be. 

This topic is 1556 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.