AutoUpdate

This topic is 1550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have two clients still running FileMaker 15 server and for both the 360works AutoUpdate feature has failed. Dialog shows '"360works_CloudMail.fmplugin" failed to initialize' when it attempts to download the plugin.

Is it now incompatible with this version? 

Also, there seems to be no way of getting to your downloads. For AutoUpdate we can only open the FM18 version and there is no download available.

Screenshot 2020-01-16 12.08.33.png

Hi,

I tested with our AutoUpdate, and was able to successfully install CloudMail 3.3 on my FileMaker Pro 18. Are you attempting to install the plugin locally on FileMaker Pro, or on FileMaker Server? Our plugins will write a temporary initialization log to the temp directory when attempting to initialize, please try to initialize the plugin, and then locate the log at:

On Mac: check in /tmp for a file called 360Works_XXXX where XXXX is random alphanumeric string.

On Windows: Open File Explorer and type %tmp% in the address bar. Look in that location for a file called 360Works_XXXX where XXXX is a random alphanumeric string. Also look in C:\Windows\Temp if that is not the location that the %tmp% environment variable took you.

Please send that log in, and I can see why the plugins are failing to initialize.

Alternatively, if you are continuing to have issues with the AutoUpdater, please try installing the plugins manually by downloading the latest version from our product page or from the following link https://secure.360works.com/360Store/WebObjects/360Store.woa/wa/ProductDownload/CloudMail . Please place the plugin in your extensions folder, and restart FileMaker to attempt to initialize, also please send in that initialization log if that fails.

• Like 1

Hi Nick 

Thanks for the reply. Installing the plugin manually works fine. I was just rather hoping that the integrated updater would carry on working as usual for client machines running FM15 and 16. It broke with the update and I haven't yet got it working again for this client. However, I think I found the problem when I tried to get it to fail again, to give you a log.

I was still installing the plug- in the extension folder. Not in the folder in Application support. This may have confused it if it was trying to install two copies. 

Anatole

360Works CloudMail_bVmlTF.log

Anatole,

When multiple versions of FileMaker are installed on the same machine, there can be multiple locations where plugins can be installed. If any of those locations contain older versions of the plugins, they can cause framework conflicts between the plugins, and would cause failed initializations. Please check for plugins at:

~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions
~/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro Advanced/16.0/Extensions
Applications/FileMaker Pro 16 Advanced/Extensions

Once older versions of the plugins are cleared out, the AutoUpdater should be able to install the plugin properly. Please send in another initialization log if that is not the case.

This topic is 1550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.