Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Renaming hosted files

Greg Hains

This topic is 1561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good afternoon,

I realise this may not be the correct location for this posting, but it seemed the most appropriate. If it has to be moved, please do so.

I have developed a solution that is hosted in FM Cloud (through AWS) and I have need to rename it.  As far as I can tell, I have to download it, remove it from the host, rename it, then upload it again. Is this correct or is there a simpler way please?

Greg

That's pretty much the safest way to do it.  Since this is FM Cloud 1.0 you could SSH into the instance and use the Linux CLI to rename the file.

In general though:: what's the reason for wanting to change the name of a hosted file?  I sorta implies that the name has a functional meaning that it should not have?

Hi Wim.

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm happy to do the long way but thought there may have been a more efficient way. Out of curiosity I might look up the CLI method. It's not as if I will be making a habit of this.

In response to your "why?", I developed a product that a company want's to take under their wing and they already have a naming convention for their other products so I'm bringing the name of this one into line. It started off as a fairly generic name whilst it was being developed.

Cheers, and thank you again for your help.

Greg

This topic is 1561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.