Object placement on slider panels

This topic is 1486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there.

I am using slide panels and very occasionally I find that when I place a field or object on one of the panels that it appears on all of them - not just the single panel.  I have checked that the object does not exceed the edge of the panel, and as many attributes of both panel and object that I can, but not found the problem.  I usually fluke the fix. 

Is anybody able to tell me please what conditions cause an object to display on all panels rather than just one?

Thank you. :)
Greg

If your object is appearing on all panels then it is not inside the slide control at all. A quick test is to move the slide control and if the object moves with it then it is inside the slide control, otherwise it is outside. I have found that when you drag/drop an object then it will place it inside the slide control, however other methods of object movement (alignment, setting the position manually) do not place the object inside the slide control - merely at the position specified. I suppose FM can't determine which control panel to place the object in if you simply specify the position because all the panels occupy the same coordinate space.

Use the Layout Objects tool to see a heirarchy of all objects on your layout. It really explains a lot.

Hi IdealData,

Thank you very much for coming back to me.

In this case, the object was definitely inside the panel. - no matter where I put it within that panel it gave me the same problem.  I would adjust the object placement either by dragging the object or by the x,y screen coordinates - I tried many things and found no consistency as to what it was - not that I'm doubting you.
Also, are you referring to the ability to see the layer "order" of objects? I didn't realise this was possible TBH - unless I've misconstrued what you mean.

Greg 

I've just "discovered" Cmd-Opt-T on my Mac. How embarrassing that it's just now!
This has answered my own question.

Edited by Greg Hains
Amending details.

This topic is 1486 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.