Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Compatibility question .fpx

This topic is 1514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am planning to upgrade my stuff soon. Does FMA 18 open .fp12 files or has it changed again? If so, will it convert or do I need one or several older versions to convert to the current format? Presumably, FMA 19 is just around the corner, so I might as well wait for a little longer. Is the word out on compatibility yet?

Thanks,

Stefan

Edited by stefangs

18 still uses the .fmp12 file format and there is no file format change on the roadmap so presumably 19 will use .fmp12 as well.

If tradition holds, 19 should be released sometime in May.  However, Claris did announce that they will be changing their release cycles a fair bit after that.

Roadmap: https://community.filemaker.com/en/s/claris-products-roadmap

Thanks Wim, good to know.

That roadmap video though... I've been out of FileMaker upgrades for a while, but their announcement that FMA will be discontinued with the next release is a major bummer for me. Whatever they gave as a reason, I don't think anyone has any doubts as to why they're doing that. Very sad indeed.

I'm too old to learn another platform, otherwise I could save the $540.00 they want for their last release of FMA with end of support in sight.

This topic is 1514 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.