How to upload via webdirect?

This topic is 1506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

What type of URL do I need to put in a web viewer in order to upload files via webdirect with the Supercontainer? 

On the server machine I installed the SuperContainer Companion Plug-in in the file location /Program Files/Filemaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins

after I rest the server , on the server machine I open Filemaker Pro Advance 18 ran a script pull version of plugin and got a value number but I opened in Web Direct it didn't give a ? or a number 

I can upload pictures in Filemaker Pro advance but no Filemaker Web Direct

Hi Cameron,

You do not need the companion plugin in order to upload files to SuperContainer via a web viewer. In order to do so, point the web viewer to a location on SuperContainer and then drag and drop the file you want to upload into the web viewer. URLs to Supercontainer vary depending on your deployment but in general a SuperContainer URL will look like this:

http://HostNameorIPAddress/SuperContainer/Files/arbitrary/path/to/file

That being said, if you are storing files in a container field that you want to upload to SuperContainer, you will need the companion plugin. By "reset the server" did you mean you restarted the machine FMS runs on? restarted the server via the fmsadmin utility? If the latter, you need to explicitly restart the web publishing engine using the command:

fmsadmin restart wpe -y

If you restarted the WPE, it may be that the JRE the plugin needs to operate did not download correctly. Please follow the instructions here for Mac and here for Windows to manually install it. Make sure to to restart the WPE afterwards.

• Newbies

Hey Ryan, Thank you for reaching out on my post , I got it worked out my URL wasn't matching the URL I was in. My Database stated with HTTPS and my web viewer only has HTTP 

But one thing that I have been scratching my head on is how to get multiple files / folder upload to work in web direct. I can get it working just fine in filemaker but Web direct has been really changellenging.

This topic is 1506 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.