SSO from Pro and Go

This topic is 1503 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good afternoon,

I'm missing something simple I'm sure - but how can I avoid having to sign in twice when accessing solutions in my Cloud instance (using the same account credentials), as well as clients only seeing applications meant for them (dependent on their credentials).

Could somebody please point me to some documentation regarding this?

Greg

9 hours ago, Greg Hains said:

clients only seeing applications meant for them (dependent on their credentials).

You're not supposed to host solutions for different clients on one server; you may want to check the EULA carefully to see how much of a gray area it is for your particular circumstances.

What type of cloud instance are you using?

1) the full FMS on an AWS / Azure / Google Cloud virtual machine

2) FM Cloud 1.x (aka FM Cloud for AWS)

3) FM Cloud 2.x

On-prem FMS and FMC 1x have a setting in the admin console to allow file-list filtering so that users will only see the files that they have an active account in:

FMC 1.x:

image.thumb.png.b174715420117d65599ae553a43b2b7b.png

On-prem FMS:

image.thumb.png.5a88483966bd76023fd02aa5fbadbdd8.png

FMC 2.x does not have such a setting:

image.thumb.png.d0a604956f5b616f19b4e9d780715662.png

because it does it automatically: the user logs into FMP itself with their FM ID and the only the hosts and file that they have an account in show up.  At that point it is all SSO because the users are not challenged again when opening the file.

On-prem FMS and FMC 1.x will challenge the user twice: one to determine the list of files they can see and once to open the file.  Except in very specific circumstances with on-prem FMS where full SSO is possible with FMP, and even more specific scenarios with FM Go.

So tell us more about your deployment and what type of server you use and what type of external authentication.

Edited by Wim Decorte

This topic is 1503 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.