Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Search for Vendor or Customer by "FullName" using a wildcard?

This topic is 1501 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm still very new to using the  Productive Computing QuickBooks Plugin.   My client has been using both FileMaker and QuickBooks for a long time.  Until now they have been disconnected.  I'm finding that for both Customers and Vendors,  we have records in both that should match.  The issue is that one will have  Harry Brown Brothers while the other has Harry Brown Brothers, Inc.  I have a scripts that will pull information from QuickBooks based on the FullName field but it only works if there is an exact match.  So in this case if Harry Brown Brothers is in FileMaker and I run the script I get an error the QuickBooks can't find the record.

So short version of the question is there a character I can put in like "Harry Brown Brothers*" that would return all of the Harry Brown Brothers records in QuickBooks?

Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

Depending on what type of QuickBooks you are using, there is a certain way to do the type of search you are looking to do. 

If you are using QB Desktop, you can use the "MatchCriterion" element in CustomerQuery or Vendor Query to us criterion such as "Contains" or "BeginsWith". You can find details in the OSR, in the request tab for the query

If you are using QB Online, you can use the "QueryString" field when specifying a query operation to write a SQL statement, using SQL wildcard language. 

-PCIPal

This topic is 1501 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.