Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Create a Portal from Four different Table/Layouts

jelly0097

This topic is 1498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello!

I have a file where one of the features is to create (or import) spot cues. I have up to four spots in the file that can be recorded, and all are on separate tables. I would like to be able to have all of them shown on one layout as well so I can see all my spot cues at once. obviously I figured out how to do that individually, but now I want more. 

Recap, the four spots cue records have to be on their own table so their records don't mix together. I know I would need a relationship (I tried and didn't get much out of it.) then put each spot in a total on one layout. 

Each spot has at least 10 field (they're the same) but for each cue they could be different depending on the cue.

Im super sorry if this confusing you. Please feel free to leave comments! I have many more questions, so if you are up for them please PM me or comment below! Thank you and stay safe everyone!

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 7.09.25 PM.png

A portal shows a row for each related record from a single table. 

If each spot has the same fields, then it makes no sense to put them in different tables. If they are of different types, add a type field to the table.

Edited by comment

• Newbies

each spot will have the same field type but different things inside. Spot 1 thru 4 could have one cue the same and another different. 

seeing all at once is so I can manage all on one screen after i created them all and or print like a 'master version'. 

It doesn't sound like you have your table structure correct.  Judging by the nouns then "spots" would be one table and "spot cues" would be a second table.  You would not have 4 different tables, one for each spot.  A spot should just be a record in a 'spots' table.

With this structure you would be able to see as many spots on one layout as you want to see.

This topic is 1498 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.