>2 Environments?

julien

This topic is 1438 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Y'all, 

My client is very risk-averse.  As a result, I have a 3-tier deploy structure: Dev -> Staging -> Prod.

It seems that 360Deploy is geared specifically for a 2-tier structure.  Or am I missing something?

Many thanks!

Julien

Hello,

I think you can accomplish this by having two different configurations. One were your Dev server is the "dev" server and the Staging server is the "production" server and then another where the Staging server is the "dev" server and the actual Production server is the "production" server. You would then deploy from the dev server to the staging server and then once you were sure everything was copasetic, deploy from staging to production. 

• Like 1

• Newbies

Thanks for getting back to me Ryan!

That is more or less what I would have expected.  I guess my question is more one of licensing.  With a single Enterprise license, can I do what you're suggesting?

With gratitude,

Julien

Hi Julien,

With an Enterprise, I do not think this will work as it is designed to have unlimited number of solutions but with only one production server. Two Express licenses, one for each configuration, would work but Express licenses only allow one solution although it can be multi-file. With this though, you will need to make sure your initial deployment contains all the databases that you intend on deploying because if you try to add an additional database that wasn't a part of the initial set, you will get an error. You can reset this list once every 30 days but if you run into any issues that require a reset but you have already done it within in the last 30 days, reach out to us at [email protected] and let us know the situation and we will more than likely allow the list to be reset. 

This topic is 1438 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.