Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ODBC Manager for Catalina?

This topic is 1387 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I previously used ODBC Manager (32 bit)  to great success importing data directly from Filemaker Server to JMP. I recently upgraded to Catalina (MacOS 10.15.5) and knew that one of the casualties would be this ODBC utility. I downloaded the 64 bit ODBC manager from Actual Technologies and successfully installed it but get the following message when trying to open an FM database from within the ODBC interface in JMP:

dlopen(/Library/ODBC/FileMaker ODBC.bundle/Contents/MacOS/fmodbc.so, 6): image not found

I have navigated to Actual Technologies' web site believing I should download an ODBC driver but this comes at a hefty price tag, especially when converted to my local currency. Given the increasing costs of maintenance contracts and SSL certificates I had hoped to avoid further expenditure. Do I really need this and is there an alternative?

Edited by 34South

• 3 weeks later...

If your database is hosted on FileMaker Server windows platform you could define the ODBC on the windows server and all files could connect to the ODBC source. With out need to purchase the driver. 

On the mac platform you will need to purchase that driver. I don't know of any free or open source solution.

This topic is 1387 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.