Server Maintenance This Week. ×

bilingual spell check?

This topic is 1397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I would like to make the spell-as-you-go function bilingual. I understand I can change the language completely, but that way I'd always have a lot of records with the wrong language setting, as entries are made in German and English. Using separate fields would lead to loss of information as some would only read their language.

Thinking about combining dictionaries or defining the other language as user dictionary.  Maybe importing a lot of words in the user dictionary?

Anyone any ideas? Experiences? 

Can you explain this:

35 minutes ago, Denny said:

Using separate fields would lead to loss of information as some would only read their language.

And also:

36 minutes ago, Denny said:

entries are made in German and English.

How would Filemaker know in what language the entry is being made?

38 minutes ago, Denny said:

Thinking about combining dictionaries

I don't think that's a good idea, because then mistyping (in English)  "have" as "habe" would not be flagged.

• Newbies

It's like a blackboard where everyone knows a little German and English, but some do not feel save enough to write in the other language. 

Filemaker would not know which language is used. I want to make it user friendly. That is the problem. However just having some words not flagged would be preferable to having everything of one of them languages getting flagged. Getting so red it gives you a headache and I have to turn it off completely. 

This topic is 1397 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.